Once fall arrives, apples are everywhere. A symbol of the changing seasons, there are so many tasty dishes that make the most of New York’s number-one fruit, from pies and cakes to stuffing and salads. A favorite dish, and often a staple on holiday tables, is the New York original, Waldorf Salad. It’s easy to make, and a delicious addition to any meal. We’re sharing a recipe from the Apples from the New York website that we hope you try – and enjoy!
New York Apple Waldorf Salad
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise (or make it lower-fat with plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 Empire apples, cored and chopped (or any variety)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, honey mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts.
- Refrigerate unused salad in an airtight container.
You can find all the ingredients you need for this recipe, right at Charlie Johns. Stop by today!