Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 14th, and if you’ve been thinking about making a dessert for a special mom in your life, then we have the recipe for you! This dessert combines the flavor of cheesecake and strawberry shortcake into one delectable combo that’s sure to please. Not to mention, you only have to bake the crust – the filling is no-bake, and sets nicely in the fridge. (Keep in mind, this takes 8 hours to set, so you will want to make this in advance.)
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- ½ cup whipping cream, chilled
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, plus whole strawberries for garnish
For the topping:
- ⅓ cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- Start by preparing the shortcake crust. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray or vegetable shortening. Whisk flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add sour cream and butter; stir with a fork until dough is still slightly lumpy but well-mixed (dough should be soft enough to spoon.)
- Spoon the dough into the prepared springform pan and spread gently into an even layer. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of center with small, moist crumbs on it. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack for about half an hour.
- While the crust cools, prepare the filling: Whisk 1/2 cup whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and salt on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Add the whipped cream in 2 additions, folding gently with a spatula to combine.
- Line the sides of the springform pan with parchment paper, slipping the parchment between the crust and the pan sides to reach the bottom of the pan. Trim the paper flush with the top edge of the pan. Arrange strawberry slices, cut-side out and pointed ends facing up, in a single layer around the sides of the pan, pressing them firmly against the paper. Reserve any remaining strawberry slices for garnish. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pan; spread into an even layer. Chill the cheesecake uncovered in the fridge until set, at least 8 hours.
- Prepare topping shortly before serving the cheesecake. Whisk whipping cream and sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and peel off the parchment paper. Spread the topping over the top of the cheesecake, leaving a slight border. Garnish the cheesecake with the reserved strawberry slices and additional strawberries as desired.
Find the ingredients you need for this recipe at Charlie Johns.
You can easily make this delicious recipe for your favorite mom – just stop by Charlie Johns for all the baking, dairy, and produce supplies you’ll need. No time to make dessert this Mother’s Day? We can help you there, too. Our bakery department has lots of in-store baked treats that are a tasty way to show Mom your love. Stop by and see what we have in store for you!