Whether you’re throwing a New Year’s Eve party or have been invited to one, sharing a delicious dish is always an appreciated way to ring in the new year. While there are a whole host of homemade dips that are sure to please a crowd, one of the most popular dips around focuses on the delectable flavor of buffalo wings and blue cheese, and packs a zesty punch – buffalo chicken dip! Keep reading for the recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce (like Frank’s)
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (you can use rotisserie or canned if you’re pressed for time)
- Carrot and celery sticks, tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine sour cream, blue cheese, hot sauce, half-and-half, and cream cheese either in a food processor or blender (or use an electric mixer) until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add chicken. Stir to combine.
- Scoop mixture into a square 8”x8” baking dish and smooth. Bake until warmed throughout and edges are lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with celery and carrot sticks, tortilla chips, or any other favorite dipping medium.
Charlie Johns can help you make your party perfect.
You can find the ingredients for this buffalo chicken dip, as well as all your New Year’s Eve party needs, right at Charlie Johns. Stop in and pick up everything you need for the perfect Auld Lang Syne today!