When the cold winds blow, here in the North Country our thoughts turn to comfort food. Nothing takes the chill off like sitting down to a nice, warm meal fresh from the oven. Comfort foods, though, can seem like a lot of prep work. Peeling and cutting veggies, cooking up roasts and chickens, rolling out biscuits and pie crusts… not exactly what you want to do after a long day at work. Well, comfort food doesn’t have to be time consuming to be delicious, as we’ve discovered with this simple pot pie recipe from Campbell’s.
With just a few ingredients that you can easily find at Charlie Johns, you’ll be able to whip up this chicken pot pie in a jiffy!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 12 oz. package of frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, corn), thawed
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Stir together the soup, ½ cup milk, vegetables and cubed chicken in a 9” pie plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining milk, baking mix and egg. Spread this batter over the mixture in the pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
We like this recipe because it’s not only easy and delicious, but it’s also kid-friendly and easy on the budget. Visit Charlie Johns today and get all the ingredients to make this dish for your family tonight!