Nothing says summer like the tart, sunny flavor of lemons. As the days wind down, why not treat yourself and your family to a delicious cake that is easier to make than you might expect, but captures that delectable citrusy goodness that helps keep summer around for just a bit longer. This cake is made with a mix and a few other ingredients that give it a homemade taste – without the hassle!
Lovely Lemon Cake
For the cake:
- I box lemon cake mix
- 1 sm. package lemon instant pudding
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
For the frosting:
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two 9” round pans with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cake and pudding mixes and whisk to combine.
- Add yogurt, water, oil, and eggs. Mix with an electric mixer at medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 24-29 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once the cake is completely cool, prepare frosting, following the remaining steps.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for one minute.
- Then add 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, half the lemon juice, and zest. Beat until creamy, three minutes or so.
- Add remaining sugar one cup at a time, and remaining juice, until your frosting reaches your desired consistency.
- Frost cooled cake.
Find the ingredients you need for this recipe at Charlie Johns.
From fresh lemons to quality dairy products, you’ll find everything you need for this recipe when you shop at Charlie Johns. Save a slice for us!