6 lb. fully-cooked boneless ham
1 15-oz. can purple plums packed in heavy syrup, drained, pitted and pureed
1 c. undrained crushed pineapple packed in pineapple juice
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 large clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
1/8 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
1. Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325°F for 1 hr., 30 min. to 1 hr. 45 min. or until meat thermometer registers 140°F.
2. Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 mins. longer.
3. Remove from heat. Brush ham with sauce every 15 min. during last 30 min. of baking.
4. Remove to serving platter and tent with foil. Let stand 15 min. Brush with sauce. Carve and serve with remaining sauce. If desired, garnish with green onion flowers, wedges of fresh plums and unpeeled pineapple. Makes about 24 servings.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 202; Total Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 1396mg